Volunteering is one of the most rewarding activities you can do. And if you decide to volunteer abroad, the experience will be even better. You will learn different cultures and languages, meet people or help others.
So, if you want to:
- · Make a difference – volunteers have a real and positive impact on people and local communities.
- · Meet interesting people – while your help is very appreciated, you will meet different kinds of people, build bonds and make new friends.
- · Be part of a community – be part of something outside your comfort zone of friends and family.
- · Take on a challenge – try something different, achieve personal goals and practice your skills or learn a new language
- · Enjoy life – volunteers have a great time while they help those most affected, find out why!
- · It improves school and college experience
- · It provides better job prospects – employers overwhelmingly look favourably on candidates who have volunteered.
Find out how you can volunteer in Spain. It may be helping kids at risk of social exclusion, spend quality time with the elderly, raise awareness about different social factors, organize fundraisers, promote civic activities or remove exotic vegetation from rivers and canals.
If you would like to get involved with a NGO, start your overseas experience here